Image Posted on Updated on
Below are the ways we delegated tasks among ourselves.
Start by asking people how they study best: (15) (Laura)
- Let them go to a corner: writing, reading, listening, speaking out loud to yourself/someone else
- Discuss: why is this the best study method, how do you study (said in detail)
Let students compare notes with neighbors for a while (10) (Gijs)
- Discuss the differences in notes (computer/handwritten, sentences/key words, abbreviations….)
- Why are notes necessary?
Why is class important? (seating) (5) (Ayo)
Studying (alone or with friends?) (5) (Ayo)
Let students stand up/sit down depending if they study alone (sit) or in group (stand)
- Sources discuss (5)
Reading text (15) (together)
- Give students article http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2016/11/daily-chart-7?zid=297&ah=3ae0fe266c7447d8a0c7ade5547d62ca (Laura)
- You can’t read what you can’t understand (jargon, definitions, concepts) (Ayo)
How do you solve this? Which method do you use?
- Let them analyze it for 10 minutes, talk about it with neighbors.
- Discuss together (how did they analyze it, how did they read it….) (Gijs)
Summarize (10 – 15) (together)
- First general, then let them summarize the article (Ayo)
- Exercise ICCS: using scheme similarities & differences (Laura)
- Conclude: what is the best way to summarize? Which aspects are important (Gijs)
Reflecting, checking, memorizing (5) (Laura)
- How important is it? Does anybody do this? Why (not)?
Self-reflection chairperson (group leader)
Date of learning group: 14 November, 2016.
Theme : MODULE 3